Install Mozmill-Crowd and run Mozmill tests
Install the Mozmill-Crowd extension in your Firefox.
To make it easier for our testers to get started with automated tests, we are providing a 1-click solution called Mozmill-Crowd. It automatically sets up your system with the required data, and let you directly get started. See yourself how it works.
- Open the extension window via Tools -> Mozmill Crowd
- Select a new folder in which to download the pre-requisites for Mozmill Crowd
- Wait until the initial actions have been completed, and the Mozmill Crowd window opens
- Click the Preferences button and ensure the following settings
- The repository is the default one (current state on hg.mozilla.org)
- You can choose to submit the test results to a dashboard, so you can check results later. The crowd dashboard already has a lot of user reports)
- For the add-ons testrun, you can choose to trust unsecure add-ons, which are not hosted on addons.mozilla.org.
- For the endurance testrun, you can choose how many iterations (how many times to run a single test) to run, how many entities (how many times to run specific actions inside a test), and how much time to wait between iterations (as smaller the time, as faster the testrun will finish)
- The first dropdown field is to select the build to test against, your current Firefox will be pre-selected. But you can also browse for another local installation (can be release, beta, aurora, nightly)
- The second dropdown field is to select which testrun to execute (functional, remote, l10n, endurance, addons)
- Click the Start button
For best results, please refrain from interacting with the computer while the tests are executed, and just watch as it finishes. This can take about 5-10 minutes depending on the testrun. Please be aware that Firefox will be frozen during that time.
You can find us on IRC in the #automation channel.